The journey towards the safe cycling facility commenced back in 2007 with the Ipswich Cycling Club calling for a dedicated cycling facility.
- 2010 demonlituion of Limestone Park velodrome.
- Ipswich Cycling Club begins campaigning for a cycling facility.
- 24//7 CSF formed following the tragic deaths of three Ipswich Club members.
- 2011 the then State Government promised funding for a safe cycling facility.
- 2014 24//7CSF and Ipswich City Council submit a grant for State funding.
- 2015 State Government grant application caught up in election lost.
- 2016 Queensland State Government annouce additional funding for “Get Playing Plus” grant.